If you can dream, the wish your making

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Question- How To Cut Up A Song For An MEP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
angelofmusic1992

PostSubject: Question- How To Cut Up A Song For An MEP   Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:03 pm

Yeah, what the title says, kind of. I was wondering how to cut up a song for an MEP because I would like to host one. I've tried splitting up parts before and putting them in separate videos, but when I upload it to sendspace, the video is uploaded, not the audio. So, I guess my problem is how to upload the split parts as audio and not video. And if you need to know what program I have, I have Windows Movie Maker. If anyone could help with this, that would be great. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Question- How To Cut Up A Song For An MEP   Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:51 am

When you render your "movie" you must click on "Render to Mp3"
Back to top Go down
angelofmusic1992

PostSubject: Re: Question- How To Cut Up A Song For An MEP   Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:49 pm

I don't see that option. Under the Finish Movie tab, the only options are Save To My Computer or Send to DV Camera. When I click on Save To My Computer, it gives me the options of naming my file, where to store it, and the movie settings. There a bunch of different movie settings, but nothing about saving the video as an MP3. Ugh, I'm so helpless when it comes to this stuff. I have the 2.6 version of WMM, and I also have Windows Live Movie Maker as well. Do I need to download something to save the video as an MP3?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Question- How To Cut Up A Song For An MEP   Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:09 am

angelofmusic1992 wrote:
I don't see that option. Under the Finish Movie tab, the only options are Save To My Computer or Send to DV Camera. When I click on Save To My Computer, it gives me the options of naming my file, where to store it, and the movie settings. There a bunch of different movie settings, but nothing about saving the video as an MP3. Ugh, I'm so helpless when it comes to this stuff. I have the 2.6 version of WMM, and I also have Windows Live Movie Maker as well. Do I need to download something to save the video as an MP3?
Hope this helps:
http://i40.tinypic.com/ip5yxt.png
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question- How To Cut Up A Song For An MEP   Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:45 pm

I actually have the same question. I want to cut up songs for an MEP, and before I would just drag the song into garageband and cut it up that way, but now whenever I drag the song into garageband it won't accept it. And I tried the Render into mp3 option, but my version of imovie doesn't have that. Can someone please help me?
Back to top Go down
angelofmusic1992

PostSubject: Re: Question- How To Cut Up A Song For An MEP   Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:00 am

Alright, I think I've figured it out. Thank you!

BellaPrincipessaRosa, here's what I did with Windows Movie Maker. Maybe it will be the same for iMovie: I put in clips from a random movie, then put in a song. Then, I cut the movie, leaving on the song audio behind. From there, you can splice it up and upload it. When I saved it on my computer, it saved as audio and not video since there wasn't any video on it. Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question- How To Cut Up A Song For An MEP   

Back to top Go down

Question- How To Cut Up A Song For An MEP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1